GU Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Review


Whilst in Waitrose recently I noticed GU Hot chocolates were reduced. I've also noticed the same at Tesco, but surprisingly they were cheaper at Waitrose...not often you can say that!

I've been curious about this Salted Caramel variety for a while so I took my opportunity. It's described as "Velvety hot chocolarte with a smooth salted caramel twist", and cost £1.30 (usually they're around £1.99).


I made it as directed by pouring into a mug and heating in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring, then heating for another minute. Then I topped it up with squirty cream...the full fat way to enjoy hot chocolate! Please do excuse my "tea" cup...I've never drank tea from glass cups and I don't intend on starting! (tea must be drank from china cups only as far as I'm concerned!)

The hot chocolate was very nice...rich and silky, with a thick texture. The salted caramel flavour was detectable but it tasted more of salt than caramel. The overall flavour was of "salty" hot chocolate, if that makes sense. It wasn't bad at all, in fact it was a lovely hot chocolate, it just seemed to be missing the "caramel" element.

Overall, this is a nice hot chocolate but I do feel a bit short-changed from a salted caramel angle.

RATING: 7 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review